Supplemental Documents

Naturalization Interview

The below-mentioned documents are provided for general knowledge; they relate to all categories and  may not be applicable to your specific case. Please contact us for additional information.

Description of Documents or Evidence

Who needs to submit It?

  • Proof of spouse’s US citizenship for the past 3 years.

(US Birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a US Citizen)

Applicants filing based on their marriage to a US citizen

  • Proof of termination of your previous marriage(s) 

(Marriage certificates, Divorce papers, Annulment certificates, Death certificates)

Applicants filing based on their marriage to a US citizen

  • Proof of an authentic marriage for the past 3 years 

(Joint bank and credit card statements, Joint leases or mortgages, Birth certificate(s) of your child(ren), Joint insurance policies, Joint income tax returns or tax transcripts for the past 3 filing years).

Applicants filing based on their marriage to a US citizen

  • Proof of parental rights over your child(ren)

Applicants listing their children or dependents in their N400

  • Proof regarding  your financial support obligations 

Copies of court or government orders,  Canceled checks or money order receipts, Statement showing child support and/or alimony payments, Records of wage garnishments, Notarized letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your child(ren), etc. 

Applicants with dependent children who does not live with you or other dependents 

  • Proof of IRS returns filing or overdue tax obligations

Federal income tax returns for the past 5 filing years (or past 3 filing years if applying based on marriage to a US citizen)

If some taxes are owned: a signed agreement with payment arrangement for your outstanding balance and statement with current status of your payment arrangement

All applicants 

  • Proof that you have maintained US  permanent residence

Rent or mortgage documents, Bank/ loan statements showing regular transactions, Automobile registration and insurance, or any other documents proving that you were away from US for excusable or urgent reason

All applicants who were away from US for more than 6 months but less than 1 year within last 5 years (or 3 years if N400 is based on a marriage to US Citizens

  • Proof of Selective Service registration

SSS Registration Card 

If you are aged 18-27 and did not register   bring all of the following:
SSS Status Information Letter, A notarized personal affidavit   from yourself, explaining why you did not register, Notarized personal affidavits   from other people who knew you and can support your claim

Male applicants in the age of 18-27

  • Records of previous encounters with law enforcement

Please refer to GMC and contact our specialist for determination of list of supportive documents.

All applicants who have ever been: Arrested, Detained, Charged, Convicted, Placed in rehabilitation, etc.