Green Card renewal

When you  are applying for US  citizenship, your permanent residence card (a.k.a. Green Card) must be valid.

Your Green Card expires every 10 years in case you are applying for citizenship through continuous residence, or in 2-3 years if you are applying as a Conditional Resident (usually based on marriage).

You need to replace your Green Card if:

  • it is expiring;
  • it is damaged, stolen, or missing;
  • it  contains outdated, wrong, or invalid information;
  • there are other changes in your  personal data, such as your first or last names, gender, etc.

- At the present time, it takes six to twelve months or even longer to get a replacement Green Card. This may change, and you can check for the latest  updates. However, while your card is under renewal, you are not losing any privileges, including international travel.

- For most people, the renewal cost to replace the Green Card is $540. This includes $455 for the Form I-90 and $85 for the biometrics (fingerprints).

- If your Green Card is about to expire, you still may submit your N-400 application. In  such a case you can submit your I-90 application almost simultaneously with your Application for Naturalization and not  lose  any time in processing.

If you are planning to apply for US  citizenship and your Green Card is about to expire, we will help you to submit both applications. It is free of charge.

Are you eligible for US naturalization? Sign up for a free test! In three minutes you will find out your eligibility.

Also, you can sign up for a free personal consultation with our immigration specialist accredited by the US Immigration and Citizenship Services, and s/he will guide you through the Green Card renewal process and application for US naturalization.

Quick Quiz
check if you can get US Citizenship now?
You may apply on or after

The date displayed above shows estimated date when you can initiate your process of US naturalization. What is NEXT step?

We suggest you continue Eligibility Questionnaire, so we can provide you with specific details about your petition and guide you through the entire process US Citizenship.

If you not sure how to submit you may schedule consultation with our representative ( by phone, messenger, video conference or in person).

The advisory and guidance is free of charge.